Marriage Registry

Friday, July 13, 2018

Mermaid Princess

I was drowning in a tidal wave just the other day,
I was gasping for a breath of air and doomed to drift away.
In the middle of my anguish, all the clouds began to part,
and the blood began to flow, from somewhere deep within my heart.
Before I could go under I could feel her loving breath,
as she lifted me above the wave I finally got to rest.
She swam me to the rocky cliff, we sat and talked a while.
She graced me with her beauty, and it forced my soul to smile.
When the mermaid princess came to me, if only in a dream,
it made me feel alive again, so much I want to scream.
She told me that she swims alone, then quickly swam away,
tho my head and heart remind me, that she will come back someday.
When she swam to the horizon, as my soul began to think,
that mermaid princess turned her head and quickly gave a wink.


No comments:

Post a Comment