Marriage Registry

Friday, July 13, 2018

Return of the Mermaid Princess

I was sitting on a rocky cliff a mile out of town,
as I thought about my princess,
that made sure I would not drown.
The clouds were stacked and purple,
sun was setting in the sky.
When from somewhere down the beach,
a shadow quickly caught my eye.
I started walking slowly,
'till I saw what lie before.
The shape was of a mermaid,
that lay crippled on the shore.
I quickly started running,
'cause my mermaid princess cries.
The singing wasn't there,
and she had sorrow in her eyes.
Her tail was weak and useless,
as I held her to my side,
then carried her to safety,
as I fought against the tide.
When the water reached her chest,
she somehow woke to look at me,
a smile formed across her face,
where sadness used to be.
Her tail began to flutter,
as my fingers brushed her hair.
Her lips began to part,
and there was music everywhere.
She paused for just a moment,
when I gently kissed her lips.
Her skin began to glow,
and there was strength back in her hips.
I swam with her for hours,
'till the sun began to rise,
then I took her to my rocky cliff,
so she would realize,
that even if she missed me,
I am never far away,
my rocky cliff so close to her,
is where I choose to stay.
So now she comes to sing for me,
almost every night,
as I run my fingers through her hair,
beneath the pale moonlight.
I'm proud to make her happy,
and it means so much to know.
That my mermaid princess loves me,
and returns to let it show.



No comments:

Post a Comment