Marriage Registry

Friday, July 13, 2018

Cuddles

Take a breath, now close your eyes,
then picture me there by your side.
Breathing softly in your ear,
you pull me close, I hold you near.
The loneliness just slips away,
a memory from yesterday.
Your silent words that call my name,
without a sound, I feel your pain.
I come to you with love so free,
a friendship for eternity.
I'd hold your hand and pull you in,
to feel your soft legs on my skin.
Lost in those eyes, and your silky smooth hair,
with lips of perfection and love in the air.
You cuddle in close with your face on my skin,
your breath on my neck as your lips kiss my chin.
My right-hand breaks free, and it rests on your cheek.
Your hair in my fingers would make my knees weak.
You snuggle in closer than you were before,
then gently my fingers begin to explore,
your forehead and nose, down your lips to your chin,
to the side of your neck where your earlobe begins.
With your head on my chest, my hand rest on your face,
then for once, you would sleep in a loving embrace.
I'd hold you all night till the suns at your door,
then if you ever wished it, I'd hold you once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment